If you are a student from outside of European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, wishing to study in the UK, you need to apply for a UK Student Visa. In order to apply for a Tier 4 student visa, you will need to have Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) at a UK educational institution that holds a valid Tier 4 sponsorship license.
Tier 4 Student Visa Requirements
If you want to study in the UK for a period longer than six months, you must apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa. In this case, the Home Office apply a points-based-system to assess your eligibility.
- have been offered a place on a course
- can speak, read, write and understand English
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
- are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- meet the other eligibility requirements
Tier 4 Student Visa Application Fees
It costs £335 to apply for this visa from outside the UK. You must pay £335 per person for any dependants. You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.
Tier 4 Student Visa Extension
You may be able to stay longer to continue your course or study a new one.
- meet the eligibility requirements of this visa
- be in the UK
- have a sponsor
If you require assistance in extending your student visa or if you facing difficult situations, please contact our immigration solicitors for further details.
Tier 4 Student Visa Extension Processing Time
If you want to get a decision more quickly than the standard 8 weeks, you can apply:
- for priority service – there’s a limited number of places each day
- to use a premium service centre – you’ll need to go in person
|Application type||Time for a decision||Cost per person|
If you have any questions about your eligibility for a Tier 4 Student Visa, or you are unsure as to whether a Tier 4 Student Visa is the correct visa type, contact us to speak directly to Allan now.